Hello, dear readers!
Today, we will focus on basic NIOD products from the company Deciem (older “brother” known to all The Ordinary) for cleansing and moisturizing the face: Low Viscosity Cleaning Ester (LVCE) and Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist (SDSM2).
A little about NIOD
NIOD (Non Invasive Options in Dermal Science) or “the Science of non-invasive treatment of the skin” — the most expensive and innovative brand of the company Deciem, promotes non-invasive dermatology scientifically developed and tested formula. In NIOD no AHA and BHA acids, retinol and other harsh ingredients.
The whole range is divided into four categories:
It looks like the NIOD website.
✔︎ tools that are in my care at the moment.
1) Core — Core Regimen: rehabilitation of the skin.
- facial serum Copper Amino Isolate Serum (CAIS)
- multi molecular hyaluronic complex Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (MMHC).
- Modulating Glucosides: rejuvenating serum glycosides, peptides, antioxidants (MG). ✔︎
2) prevention — Support Regimen: solving individual problems of the skin.
- cleanse skin Niod Low Viscosity Cleaning Ester (LVCE), ✔︎
- moisturizing serum for the face Hydration Niod Vaccine (HV),
- face serum with vitamin C Niod Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid 30% Network (ELAN 2),
- serum for skin around the eyes Niod sm depth Eye Contour Concentrate (FECC ), ✔
- non-acidic serum with peeling effect Niod Non-Acid Precursor Acid 15% (NAAP), ✔︎
- facial spray Niod Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist (SDSM2), ✔︎
- night facial mask Masque Niod Voicemail (VM)
- Primer-highlighter for the face, Fluid Photography 12% (PF 12%)
- Photography primer Fluid 8% (PF 8%)
- Face mask Niod Flavanone Mud (FM) ✔︎
- Concentrate for Lip Bio-Lipid Concentrate (LBC)
- Serum for neck Elasticity Catalyst (NEC)
- RE: Pigment (RP) serum from pigmentation.
3) protective – Survival Regimen: protection from negative factors caused by environment and lifestyle
- mineral sunscreen Niod Survival 30 (S30). SPF30
- mineral sunscreen Niod Survival 20 (S20). SPF20
- mineral sunscreen Niod Survival 10 (S10) SPF10
- Survival 0 (S0) does not protect from ultraviolet radiation, and its… can be used at any time of the day. Survival 0 can also serve as a complement to other sun protection means not from the line of Niod that do not protect from radicals and other harmful factors. ✔︎
4) natural — Yešti: natural remedies, the whole philosophy of the brand Niod, which States that without the past there would be achievements of the future.
- Face mask Myrrh Clay (MC), ✔︎
- cleansing balm for the face, Sanskrit Saponins (SS), ✔︎
- face mask Must Mastic (MM). ✔︎
▪ THIS LOW VISCOSITY ESTER CLEANING ▪THIS
Forwhat: deeply cleanses the skin, removes makeup residue and impurities in a single application, without drying out the skin.
The main active component is isolated, the esters of sugars and avocado
Format: purifying the air
Level of care: cleansing.
Application: in the evening and/or morning. Apply on dry skin with light massage and rinse with water. Can also be used without water, using a cotton pad.
- regulates and balances the production of sebum
- removes any type of makeup and external dust contamination.
- restores the balance both dry and oily skin.
- contains purifying vegetable oils and water
- the cleansing process is due to the isolated sugar and essential oils avocado.
- all funds NIOD Packed in black cardboard boxes with protective sticker (photo below), but natural line Yešti (they’re brown).
- The ether enclosed in a plastic bottle with a volume of 240 ml with a plastic pipette that I was once “fired” because of negative feedback on the website that he runs, the entire label is impregnated with air and climbed. After some thought and deciding that I’m such a mess, I “beheaded” hydrophilic oil IOPE (which by the way is over) and my LVCE has acquired absolutely a “unique” view of a dispenser 😗
- shelf life after opening: 12 months.
- Smell: prior to purchase I read on the official site that many don’t like it and think it is very chemical and strong. Nothing like my nose does not smell, and I would say that almost no odor and it is somewhat similar to the body cream Neutrogena with the red label (who knows).
- Color: transparent
- Consumption: for two and a half months, when applied morning and sometimes a second time after the beach is left about one-fifth. The consumption is very economical (especially with my “know-how” dispenser)
- Texture: liquid, something between a light hydrophilic oil and dry oils.
1. Texture aether 2. Distribution by hand a light massage 3. washed with warm water (it is visible, that formed a light pellicle of air, which is felt by fingers). 4. wiped with a towel hand dry and you can feel the moisturizing effect.
Before buying, I understood:
- what this means is a very strange and unusual way to cleanse the skin (for me anyway) and often criticize consumers among the entire line NIOD: some adore it, others abhor it. It or like it or not.
- the ether should remove all dirt in one fell swoop without the use of “univasc” (which is not quite familiar, as I have always washed by using gels or foams for washing).
- that famous “film barrier” (photo above), which remains on the skin, and serves as a guide for the following care (it has already become some myth-horror stories) and it will have to adapt and get used to it.
- as the owner of oily skin, I can cause problems or inconvenience from such funds.
What I wanted/was looking for?
Cleanse the skin from sun protection:
- in the morning after running
- after the beach,
- and just as gentle products that will not irritate the skin (I went back to Tretinoin after 3 years break).
NB: I removed the Makeup product of the Korean brand IOPE.
- The first time was really unusual to use this tool: discomfort was not, but still, as a man accustomed to the foaming cleanser — I had to rebuild myself and to find the approach and the best application method for your skin type.
- protection from the sun and contamination can be removed effortlessly, the skin begins to “breathe”, but it remains the same film (barely noticeable), which tactile disappears if the face dry with a towel (I use towels from linen).
- does not cause inflammation, does not cause black spots and helps to reduce the number of them with long-term use.
- can act as the peel-roll: fine peeling removed without problems (with tretinoin is now my frequent allies…again), without any effort, leaving the skin smooth and delicate.
The effect of a mini-Skadi.
As the owner of oily skin, for myself I found two ways of application:
The product is not for everybody and not all will work, but it includes almost all the tools to care for themselves.
I suggest to him to look at those:
- who use tretinoin (retinol, peels, lasers, etc)
- who’s skin is sensitive and/or irritated
- who have problems with dermatitis (I like it very helpful during a flare-up)
- owners of dry/Mature skin.
- who avoids the use of foams/gels for washing and/or wants to abandon foaming cleanser.
I the tool is appreciated, loved and put into your permanent care.
very gently removes dirt, SPF, sebum
— great for double cleansing
— helps to remove flaking and irritation
— does not irritate the skin
— regulates sebum production
— helps to keep pores clean
— large volume
— small consumption
— inconvenient dosing
— leaves a protective film that may not like the owners of oily skin
— requires an individual approach
INGREDIENTS: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isoamyl Laurate, Isoamyl Cocoate, Butyl Avocadate, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Propyl Gallate, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Farnesol, Linalool.
Period of use: November 2018.
Price: 36 €
▪ SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE SACCHARIDE MIST ▪
Why: the spray/mist for the face to protect the skin from free radicals, inflammation, and moisture loss.
Application: Spray should be applied morning and evening after cleansing, before applying aftercare.
Main active component: see below
Step care: moisturizing
- Superoxide dismutase (or SOD): protects from free-radical oxidation of lipids in the delicate membranes of skin cells, protects from harmful environmental conditions, fights photo-aging, reduces erythema from UV radiation, enhancing the protective effect of sunscreens.
- Purified ph balanced extract of malachite (provides bioavailable complex of copper): provides additional protection from free radicals, strong antioxidant activity and a powerful detoxification effect (it gives the blue color to spray).
- Purified North American Four O’ Clock Flower: prevents inflammatory processes in the skin.
- Marine Exopolysaccharides: high-molecular polymers, with unique biological, antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- standard packaging: plastic bottle spray, 240 ml.
- spraying fine, on the face, neck and décolleté enough for 5 taps.
- Smell: faint, to describe which is very difficult… can hardly be called fresh (?)
- Color: as the photo
- Consumption: the first bottle I had for 4 months (August-November).
- Texture: the liquid after spraying on the skin is absorbed instantly, leaving no stickiness nor greasy film.
Familiarity with the brand I started it with the mist for face Mist Saccaride Superoxide Dismutase (SDSM2). Moisturizing, especially with our climate and anybody never hurts, especially in the form of a spray (because in the Korean system, we have 3 seconds to moisturize the skin, otherwise all, drought and death… a joke, never thinking)! so even with the claimed antioxidant action!
The soothing and healing properties I appreciated 100%: atopic dermatitis skin with much gratitude took the mist and the objective, the enemy was defeated much faster than before.
Use after face wash, before toner, essences, and other tools, depending on the time of day and day of the week. Suggest for all skin types and any age!
— gives immediate comfort to the skin
— helps calm irritation, redness and inflammation
— improves the complexion
— can be applied all over the body
— does not conflict with another care. — no
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Superoxide Dismutase, Malachite Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Mirabilis Jalapa Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Arginine, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Gellan Gum, Sodium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Tromethamine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Period of use: from August 2018.
Price: 41 €
An example application of these products in my morning care:
My morning/day routine.
Hope the information was interesting and useful to you. Tell me, have you tried funding from NIOD and what they have left impressions?
With you Alain, you’re on to me!
Be beautiful! 🌹
To be continued…